Senior Technical Artist - Tools, Pipeline, Optimization
25 days ago
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 75 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! And that's only the beginning: PUBG Madison is developing an exciting new IP that aims to push the shooter genre forward. If getting in on the ground floor of this awesome effort sounds exciting, we'd love to see you apply!
Our state-of-the art studio and brand-new motion capture studio are in the heart of Madison, WI, a city frequently named the best place to live in the US for its vibrant culture, natural beauty, and outstanding educational institutions. Home to the prestigious University of Wisconsin, Madison is a hub for innovation and learning, offering top-notch public and private schools . This family-friendly, progressive community has low crime rates and a strong commitment to sustainability. Experience the perfect balance of urban excitement and natural tranquility in a city with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, an incredible downtown farmer’s market, gorgeous scenery and affordable cost of living. || Don’t think you’re ready to make the move to Wisconsin? We’re also fully committed to support remote work for this position.| |
The person we’re looking for:
PUBG Madison is looking for an Experienced Technical Artist to join our growing team. As a Technical Artist you will work alongside every team in the studio as you break down inefficient workflows and find creative solutions to bottlenecks and frustrations. Your team will be your advocates as you help improve and optimize the pipeline for the content teams. The studio will rely on you to help improve stability and find bottlenecks, as you craft these solutions at the same time. You will be a champion against brute force solutions, as you help craft elegant and modular pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with the content creators and technical teams to ensure the tools and pipelines developed are effective, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Author, maintain, and improve tools for various production needs across the projects.
- Continuously optimize and enhance our pipelines and processes to improve the team's efficiency and the quality of output.
- Work in tandem with the content creation and technical teams in fostering open communication and feedback to help refine our tools and pipelines.
- Address and solve complex technical challenges in asset creation and optimization, providing support and troubleshooting as needed.
- Contribute to and maintain our code foundation and their standards
- Document technical guidelines, workflows, and best practices.
- Actively advance your skills and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages.
A Typical Day May Include:
- Attend a cross-discipline stand-up with other developers
- Provide daily progress, provide feedback, and collaborate with other tech artists
- Attend studio-wide playtests with the team
- Respond to the asset, tool, and development needs of the projects
- Create and update guides, onboarding, processes, and technical documentation
- 5-8+ years of experience in technical art for AAA titles.
- Advanced proficiency in programming/scripting languages (eg: C#,, C++, Python) and experience with GUI frameworks (eg: Qt, PySide, WPF).
- Extensive experience with version control systems like Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- Proficiency in 3D software (Maya, 3ds Max) and expertise in custom tool development for these platforms.
- Strong understanding of art optimization techniques, LOD generation, and asset streaming.
- Experience with real-time engines, particularly Unreal Engine, and an understanding of PBR workflows.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, with a focus on innovative and efficient solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, able to articulate technical concepts to non-technical team members.
- Knowledge of Mathematics and Physics principles relevant to game development.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive employer funded healthcare – ensuring you pay nothing out of pocket for in-network medical care
- Employer-paid premiums for dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Generous benefits include 20 days PTO, 12 paid holidays and a studio-wide holiday break annually
- “As needed” sick days to prioritize your well-being
- Annual health & wellness, video game, and continuing education reimbursements
- Industry-leading family planning and fertility care benefits, including gender-affirming care, through Carrot Fertility
- Enjoy free catered lunches, meal reimbursements, and snacks and beverages for in office staff
- Engage in regular team outings and events to foster a positive work culture
- 401K with a company match for your financial well-being
PUBG Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams , our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.