Senior Technical Artist - Materials & Rendering - New IP
18 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Technical Artist with a focus on supporting artists with rendering to join a new cross-platform, free-to-play, multiplayer, action RPG on an original IP. You will work with artists across all departments from modeling to VFX to ensure all assets work within the scope of the technical pipeline requirements. The ideal person is someone who is passionate about improving development processes for the production of the rendering pipeline as well as a strong collaborator who is willing to solve a variety of production challenges.
- Partner with the Art Director to guide the creation and implementation of tools, workflows, and pipelines in regards to all things materials and rendering
- Work to level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Characters, Environments, and real-time VFX
- Provide technical support to artists with lighting and shading
- Creation and optimization of new materials for world, character, and real-time VFX teams
- Ability to research and prototype lighting solutions with the Art Director, World Artists, and Graphics Engineers to achieve the visual fidelity needed for the game while taking into account game constraints
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist in the games industry
- Must have prior experience in Unreal Engine
- Ideally has experience shipping mobile games
- Extensive knowledge and experience in optimizing art for tight memory and performance constraints
- Experience with 3D rendering tools such as Maya and/or Blender is a bonus
- Experience scripting in C++ is a plus
- Experience effectively estimating, planning, and timeboxing technical art work
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.