Senior Technical Artist II
15 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Technical Artist II
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, driven, and collaborative, technical artist to help define and support a 3D pipeline for an upcoming unannounced game title. We’re looking for someone who’s got a high level of experience designing and supporting 3D pipelines primarily within Maya and Unity.
What you will be doing
In addition to creating rigs, you’ll be collaborating with a small, passionate, team of artists and developing tools and techniques to support the creation of art for the modeling, FX, and animation pipelines. The ability to creatively problem-solve and have an eye out for future roadblocks is crucial. This is the perfect role for a good communicator – someone with a support-focused mindset who can effectively wrangle several stakeholders and tailor a solution that fits the specific needs of the game.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a tech artist in the video games industry
- Strong knowledge of rig creation techniques and animation implementation systems
- Excellent Python development skills and debugging techniques
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya
- Experience designing and maintaining character modeling, animation, and FX content creation pipelines
- Strong communication skills
- Service-oriented, support-focused
- A passion for video games and gaming
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience with Maya API
- Familiarity with generating and supporting User Interfaces in QT
- Familiarity with Blizzard games / IP
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.