This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist (Unannounced Project)
15 days ago
Job Title:Technical Artist (Unannounced Project)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and skilled Rigging and Animation Technical Artist, who is excited to bring charm and life to our characters. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
In this role, your core responsibilities are to design, craft and maintain animation rigs with their supporting tools. You will also be expected to evaluate other art related workflows and identify ways to improve them.
Are you experienced in rigging, animations, deformation, and simulation tools used in mobile games? Are you familiar with Maya rigging and Python tool development? Are you a problem solver and geek out about improving processes? If so, this may be a fantastic fit for you!
As a Technical Artist, you will work closely with all disciplines and be responsible for bringing our game to Blizzard quality standards in art style and performance. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the game direction, and is passionate about the player experience.
- Experience in Maya rigging techniques and automation
- Experience in implementing animation pipelines
- Experience in Unity content creation
- Experience with Python tool development
- Experience with Perforce or other source control systems
- Experience working within a highly collaborative team of passionate developers
- Familiar with modern mobile games and their deformation techniques
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- Previously shipped mobile games
- Experience with Git / GitHub
- Experience managing outsourcing
- Experience writing shaders
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.