Senior Technical Artist - Houdini, Procedural, Pipeline
27 days ago
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 75 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! And that's only the beginning: PUBG Madison is developing an exciting new IP that aims to push the shooter genre forward. If getting in on the ground floor of this awesome effort sounds exciting, we'd love to see you apply!
Our state-of-the art studio and brand-new motion capture studio are in the heart of Madison, WI, a city frequently named the best place to live in the US for its vibrant culture, natural beauty, and outstanding educational institutions. Home to the prestigious University of Wisconsin, Madison is a hub for innovation and learning, offering top-notch public and private schools . This family-friendly, progressive community has low crime rates and a strong commitment to sustainability. Experience the perfect balance of urban excitement and natural tranquility in a city with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, an incredible downtown farmer’s market, gorgeous scenery and affordable cost of living. || Don’t think you’re ready to make the move to Wisconsin? We’re also fully committed to support remote work for this position.| |
The person we’re looking for:
PUBG Madison is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our growing team. As a Technical Artist you will work alongside all the teams of the studio as you break down workflows and find creative solutions to inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and frustrations. You will author scalable, and user-friendly content creation solutions leveraging Houdini and Unreal Engine. You will help push forward the quality and look of our art and our effects. You will be the bridge between the vision of our content and design teams and the limitations of the tools and engine. You will be a champion against brute force solutions, as you help craft elegant and modular pipelines.
- Use Houdini and Houdini Engine to improve the scope, scale, and quality of our creations.
- Author procedural content generation tools to help speed up our art and design teams.
- Create modular, efficient, and intuitive solutions that answer the needs of the content and art teams.
- Author unique effects and shaders to push forward the visual flair of our games.
- Work closely with art, environment, and design teams, seeking constant feedback while collaborating on tools to improve their workflows.
- Bring insights and solutions to streamline our pipelines.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Actively advance your skills and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages.
A Typical Day May Include:
- Attend a cross-discipline stand-up with other developers
- Provide daily progress, provide feedback, and collaborate with other tech artists
- Attend studio-wide playtests with the team
- Respond to the asset, tool, and development needs of the projects
- Create and update guides, onboarding, processes, and technical documentation
- 5-8+ years’ professional animation experience developing AAA titles
- Strong Houdini and Houdini Engine skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Strong Shader and Effects Skills (A Bonus - Not Required)
- Experience with one or more programming language (e.g. C#, C++, Python, Vex)
- Experience with a version control system (e.g. Perforce, Git, SVN, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new tools and tech
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
- Strong problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- A highly competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive employer funded healthcare – ensuring you pay nothing out of pocket for in-network medical care
- Employer-paid premiums for dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Generous benefits include 20 days PTO, 12 paid holidays and a studio-wide holiday break annually
- “As needed” sick days to prioritize your well-being
- Annual health & wellness, video game, and continuing education reimbursements
- Industry-leading family planning and fertility care benefits, including gender-affirming care, through Carrot Fertility
- Enjoy free catered lunches, meal reimbursements, and snacks and beverages for in office staff
- Engage in regular team outings and events to foster a positive work culture
- 401K with a company match for your financial well-being
PUBG Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams , our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.