Senior Technical Artist, Characters
1 month ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our regular full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, plus additional paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue additional paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
At Crystal Dynamics, we are looking for a seasoned Senior Technical Artist focused on Character Animation. Your role will be pivotal in bridging the gap between the artistic vision and technical solutions in our next big title. Your proficiency in character animation and technical art will be invaluable in the seamless integration of storytelling and gameplay.
As a Senior Technical Artist, Character Animation, you will:
- Spearhead the development and optimization of character animation workflows and pipelines
- Collaborate closely with animators, engineers, and designers to incorporate animation content cohesively into our games
- Offer guidance and mentorship to junior team members in the field of technical art and character animation
- Support live mocap sessions by providing on-the-spot technical solutions
- Oversee the architecture and sustained upkeep of animation state machines within the game engine
- Engage in strategic planning to optimize animation processes and guidelines
To be considered for this role, we require the following:
- Extensive experience in the field of game development, with a focus on Technical Art and Character Animation
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine, Motion Builder, and Maya
- Solid understanding of mocap processes and requirements
- A strong grasp of state-of-the-art animation techniques and gameplay animation systems
- A history of effective collaboration and clear communication with multidisciplinary teams
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Proven experience leading teams or projects
- Specialization in one or more scripting languages like Python or Lua
It'll be a bonus if you also have:
- Hands-on experience with C++ or Python
- A compelling portfolio or reel showcasing your relevant work
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states or regions, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education.
Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
Pay Range (United States)
$100,000 — $160,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.