Senior Technical Animator
19 days ago
About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Animator who is experienced in refining and maintaining animation systems and character pipelines. This role requires an individual who excels at problem solving and communication with peers across the development team to realize the character vision and vision of the game. Being able to provide insights and support for animators with scripts and tools and inform best practices for animation pipelines. An ideal candidate is someone who seeks solutions and has a growth mindset within themselves and the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an extraordinary Technical Artist with a portfolio/reel that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated team member who embraces complex animation challenges.
- An individual contributor that will help mentor others and share wisdom to strengthen the team.
- You place a high value on collaboration and open communication to create an environment where everyone feels that they are working together towards a common goal.
- You understand the high-level goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You enjoy working closely with Character Artists, Animators, and Designers to help them realize their gameplay needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work alongside animators to build a robust rigging solution to support the team’s animation goals.
- Help to establish a player animation pipeline with shared rigs on different body types and various weapon sets.
- Implement characters in Unreal 5. This includes setup of Physics Assets, Blend Spaces, Blueprints, and Dynamics.
- Create scripts & tools to assist the animation team in the creation process.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical animator with at least 1 shipped title.
- Extensive experience authoring robust rigs for creatures, quadrupeds, and humanoids.
- A thorough understanding of animation systems in Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Strong Python and Maya scripting proficiency.
- Expert level knowledge of animation blending and animation state machines.
- Experience creating/modifying auto-rigging and skinning tools.
- In-depth knowledge of character rigging techniques and principles.
- Ability to create appealing skin deformations.
- Experience with existing animation tools including but not limited to Advanced Skeleton and Animbot.
- Knowledge of Niagara.
- Deep understanding of UE5 including the newest animation pipelines.
- Industry experience as a Gameplay Animator.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $117,300 - $176,000 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.