This job might no longer be available.
Senior Tech Artist
28 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join the Fortnite Art team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with a wide range of artists, producers, and developers to create and implement tools & processes that will boost throughput for our cosmetics workflows. This role will have a direct impact across all of Fortnite's projects in development (Fortnite Battle Royale, Lego Fortnite, Rocket Racing, Fortnite Festival, etc.) and will regularly be involved with strategic planning around cosmetics production. You will be pivotal in ensuring that our artists can focus on art - and will be empowered to push the workflows of our world class art team.
In this role, you will
- Be a technical leader that elevates art production across projects with a specific focus on tools and process improvements.
- Design and implement a range of robust tools, services, and interfaces that improve throughput and allow artists to focus on art.
- Identify artist workflow bottlenecks and then programmer appropriate solutions given relevant production constraints.
- Communicate proactively and consistently across multiple projects ensuring that process improvements provide the maximum benefit across projects.
- Collaborate with producers, product managers, pipeline developers, and other disciplines to complete initiatives and report on progress, risks, and mitigations.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience as a technical artist, or similar, working on production in games, feature animation, vfx, or related industry.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools for artists & animators in real time game engines & 3rd Party software.
- Deep understanding of the various disciplines of art production, Modeling, Surfacing, Rigging, Animation.
- Expertise with python, Qt, &, visual scripting languages.
- Passionate about efficiency & automation.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America and Europe (including CA & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$189,482 — $277,906 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$178,112 — $261,231 USD
British Columbia Base Pay Range
$165,546 — $242,801 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.