Senior Systems Designer
15 days ago
Oxide Games is looking for a Senior Systems Designer game with a first party publisher. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience as a systems designer in the videogame industry with a strong interest in statistics and probability, and previous experience specifically in strategy or simulation games.
- Work with team leadership to implement, balance, and bug fix gameplay features – you will be expected to own the balance and itemization of specific feature sets
- Collaborate with the team to maintain the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Manage and mentor junior systems and technical designers
- Review systems specs created by junior designers and provide timely feedback and critique
- Evaluate the game and collaborate with the team to provide feedback and directives for future iteration and work
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines
- Create and maintain clear and functional excel spreadsheets, using cell math and/or VBA
- 5+ years game experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspect of game design
- Strong creative skills and ability to analyze with critical judgment
- Ability to self-critique, open to constructive criticism, and able to listen and give feedbacks to others
- Must be able to work well with all development disciplines
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude, and a desire to be a team player
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical environment – the ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical background
As a plus:
- Technical background in programming or scripting in C++, XML, or C#
- Strong skills in Excel and VBA scripting
- Physical board game prototyping experience
- Probability, statistics, or operations research knowledge and experience
At Oxide you will get the chance to work with all members of the team, both technical and non-technical. As a growing company there is lots of room for career advancement, agency, and responsibility. You will be given the chance to take on more leadership responsibilities, manager roles, and mentor junior designers. Come work closely with cutting edge technology and industry leaders, join our talented team creating amazing games.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We are still functioning as a work-from-home studio, and all hiring and initial work can be performed remotely. The studio is open for fully vaccinated employees to come in full or part time if desired. We are optimistic that in the future it will be safe again to gather and work locally at our game studio. We highly value in person collaboration; therefore, candidates are expected to be available to work on site when the time comes.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.