Senior Systems Designer (Apex Legends)
25 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
Apex Legends is looking for a Senior Systems Designer who will help us welcome players into our world and help them along their journey to become true competitors in the Apex Games. You will work on experiences and systems that focus on player retention and satisfaction. You have experience on a live service game in systems design and player onboarding. You have experience collaborating with user research and leveraging analytics and data to be able to make informed design decisions.
What You'll Do…
- Analyze the player journey, identifying potential improvements and opportunities for tuning and new features
- Implement tuning and data changes required for optimization of the player experience
- Pitch, design and drive prototyping of systems, features and data tests related to the first time user experience and player onboarding
- Hold and communicate the vision for your work to your collaborators in other departments
- Ensure a high quality release by bug fixing, balancing and creating a cohesive and engaging experience for new players
- Work closely with the UI and UX teams to refine the look, feel and feedback delivered to players along their journey
Ideally, you also will have…
- 4+ years professional experience as a game designer on a live service F2P game, which shipped and was live during your time
- Experience collaborating with other internal teams, especially UI/UX, UXR, analytics and marketing
- A deep passion for player experiences, behaviors and motivations, especially of those players coming to Apex for the first time
- Strong track record of coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously to ensure work is aligned
- Played and formed a lot of opinions about many live games, including mobile games
- Strong opinions on how we could do better and drive to accomplish our goals
- Experience in mentoring other designers on best practices for live service games
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.