This job might no longer be available.
Senior Systems Administrator
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 days ago
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. is seeking an exceptional Senior Systems Administrator to provide on-site hands on technical support for the Seattle based offices of Private Division.
This role will work closely with a variety of technology teams providing assistance for development workloads and major releases of games while supporting the unique business needs of Private Division. Additionally, one of the core functions of this role will require acting as a technical liaison with Enterprise IT in NY.
This role includes handling all levels of support for the fast paced development community in Seattle. The functions will include being involved in the entire stack of support related initiatives, from local facility, networking, and workstation provisioning to game development kit setup and configuration. In addition, working closely with the core teams allowing for fluid bi-directional collaboration, fostering new ideas, and driving execution for support related functions. Motivation to look at areas for opportunity for automation once the office is up and running is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded IT professional and a key member of our Global Support team with strong hardware and software trouble- shooting skills as well as in-depth knowledge of Windows OS, automation practices, and application deployment procedures via SCCM and Airwatch.
This is a hands-on role requiring a deep level of technical insight and ability. High motivation for looking at areas of opportunity for automation and helping us decrease repeatable incidents is highly desirable.
- Primary on-site contact for technical operations and support of all development environments, with direction from NY based Support Lead.
- Must work closely with development groups to assess their support needs to identify and deliver the resources required to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Liaise with project stakeholders to establish a thorough understanding of game development workflows and related event dates in order to provide proper support.
- Ensure all client requests and operational problems are update/resolved within a timely manner.
- Maintain homogeneous system configurations across operating environments utilizing configuration management framework and automation.
- Assist with offsite events including setup, event support, and teardown
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client experience and support.
- Confident and proactive in implementing change.
- Inquisitiveness and ambition towards looking for opportunities to automate.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change priorities on the fly.
- Assist with employee on-boarding ensuring new staff is ready to work on day one.
- Assist with inventory/asset management for company provided hardware and software.
- Assist with audio/visual hardware setup and break down, along with conference rooms and video conferences.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure desktop initiatives are consistent with Information Security’s goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Work with on-site and contracted maintenance to coordinate HVAC/MDF room maintenance.
- Able to work independently and respond in a timely manner whenever necessary sometimes including after hours and on weekends.
- Reachable by mobile in the event of an emergency.
- Some local travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience with the Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory and Exchange, TCP/IP based networks (including DHCP, DNS, etc.), installation and maintenance of workstations and infrastructure hardware.
- Strong knowledge of development tools and platform support.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with development teams in environments with a mindset to 'get things done' leveraging common tools and frameworks.
- Track record of meeting aggressive deadlines and delivering high quality support to project teams within development environments.
- Operating System configuration, management, and support for desktop/laptop/mobile devices (Windows, Mac, iOS).
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Apple Technologies within Active Directory/Office 365 environments.
- Experience using Two-Factor Authentication
- Familiar with using SCCM and AirWatch for desktop and software management.
- Productivity Tools - MS Office, Video Conferencing (Zoom), Mobile Device Management (MDM), VPN
- PC and Game Consoles: Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC Gaming
- Hardware: Desktop, Laptops, Mobile devices, tablets and a wide variety of devices and peripherals
- Storage: Good understanding of both local and NAS based technologies (Netapp) as well as cloud-based solutions (Dropbox)
- Security: Good understanding of security practices, patching strategies, firewalls.
- Operating System configuration, management, and support for desktop/laptop and server (Windows, MacOS)
- Strong understanding of consumer technology landscape (mobile devices, tablets, consoles, wearables, etc.)
- PowerShell and scripting experience.
- Data closet (rack,stack,cable) experience
- Familiarity with Nutanix converged virtualization solutions a plus
MCSE, MCDST, ITIL, Network+, A+ certifications preferred