Senior Systems Administrator
5 days ago
We're looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our operational staff at our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This office works alongside the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As our new Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for driving our selection processes, creating and implementing policies both team and studio wide. You will work with the team to document and automate tasks & functions across the team's pillars of responsibility.
Who you are:
- You’re a Senior Systems Administrator with a proven track record of experience
- You’re self driven and can work asynchronously
- You’re passionate about technology, security and automation
Some of your role:
- Help shape the technical vision and standards for the team
- Work closely with studio wide stakeholders to enable teams and remove blockers
- Create and architect automation solutions for access control, auditing, etc.
- Craft policies that will be implemented at a studio level
- Evaluating tools and platforms for use
- Setting up and configuring software/platforms at a studio level
- 5+ years of systems administration experience
- Experience managing Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and SCCM, Terraform
- Experience in Python
- Experience in protecting against large scale (security) attacks
- Creating and selecting helpdesk and IT software, their operational best practices, including security, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Infosec experience
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Experience working with and supporting remote teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience of a working in a gaming environment
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- Google Workspace (eg. Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
- Miro / Trello
- Windows licensing
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.