Senior Systems Administrator
Middleton Wisconsin 53562 United States of America
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Systems Administrator
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty ® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, administration, and the development of recovery procedures for critical services and our technology infrastructure at Raven Software. You will serve as a technical expert on the team, supporting operating systems, compute/storage/networking infrastructures, and a range of applications. This position will serve as an escalation point for members of the team to bring issues to, offering coaching and mentoring opportunities to others. You will be enabled to recommend the redesign and configuration of systems and applications as technology advances or issues arise. This role will work closely with all disciplines within the studio as well as IT teams at our Corporate offices, partner studios, and Central Technology. Ultimately, you will ensure our software, hardware, servers, and networks run smoothly.
Your day-to-day priories will be supporting the core studio information technology services by managing the operations of our infrastructure, monitoring system performance, configuration of equipment and services, and the maintenance repair. Given the nature of our environment, you will occasionally be available to work off-hours to deal with serious outages or to respond to immediate problems.
As a member of the IT team, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining remote computing systems and services, as well as any internal tools utilized by Raven Software; (Jira, Confluence, Office, etc.). You will not only manage helpdesk tickets, but are expected to help us exceed client expectations, map and deliver critical timelines, maintain standards, and manage assets. Our teams and game state changes rapidly so you must have an innate sense of urgency while having the ability to multi-task and prioritize to be successful. You will be responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning through resolution and performing software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s Required or
- Friendly, customer focused and top-level support a must
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology roles with a focus on infrastructure administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365
- Extremely comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiar with various storage technologies with a strong foundational knowledge of storage principals.
- Advanced understanding of network protocols and technologies (e.g. DNS, DHCP, VLANs, LACP, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies to support company growth.
- Strong experience with hypervisor/virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere & KVM).
- Excellent communication skills to interface with various business partners and leadership
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizationally savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Industry certifications (MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, VCP, etc.)
- Previous experience in similar roles in the video game or technology industries preferred
- Passion for or curiosity about video games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.