Senior Strategy Analyst
Portland, Oregon, United States
3 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Analyst Program at Skillz:
Analytics professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. Based on fit and company need, you will work in domains such as:
- Growing the Skillz player base through paid acquisition with the greatest ROI possible
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Designing, launching, and measuring new features of the Skillz ecosystem
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing and improving game performance and player engagement of Skillz games
- Understanding trends in user satisfaction and feedback
Regardless of the domain, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
Strategy Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and are placed at an appropriate title and level based on experience and aptitude. As a proven contributor at Skillz, you will ultimately have the ability to focus your path to domains that interest you and where there is a need for action-oriented strategic thinkers.
- Lead analytics projects across the organization and mentor analysts
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- 3+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis (preferably in consumer marketing, consulting, or product development) preferred but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our user data
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and or disability status.