Senior Storyboard Artist [Star Wars Project]
9 days ago
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
Your challenge will be to translate our story into the visual language of cinema. To translate scripts from print to visual medium that simply and briefly illustrate the games key scenes, events, mood, character plots, and anything else that will help our players understand the story.
You’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at " One of the best studios in the world " Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO, ultimately reducing risks and production time, helping Directors pre-visualize the script and cinema work needed.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating storyboard sequences from rough panels to finished sequences, with iterative feedback inline with the narrative objectives;
- Pitching storyboards to Directors, Production and executives;
- Working with the Realization Director to help maintain cinematic pillars;
- Collaborating with our creative department leadership and production to review goals, the vision for the storyboards, and to discuss concerns, timelines, and the complexity, given the parameters of the schedule;
- Helping to educate all teams on storyboarding/storytelling best practices;
- Managing and tracking storyboard documentation.
You as a person
You're an artist with a passion for films, games, and storytelling. Your ability to see both the big-picture and deliver high-quality will set you up for success in this role. You're open to feedback and are confident in bringing your ideas to the table, pushing creativity and innovation, since you know what has worked on previous productions. You're also a great communicator in English, our companies primary language.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- You must have a storyboard portfolio (which shows an understanding of story development/pacing, camera work, scene blocking, and character performance);
- Several years of proven work experience with storyboard art from the game and/or TV/film industries;
- Ability to create storyboard sequences from rough panels to finished sequences;
- Ability to analyze scenes in written form and translate them into a visual product;
- Strong drawing skills that suggest character and action;
- Understing of cinematic scenes, dramatic structures, and character development;
- Degree in Art, Film, Cinematography, a related field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Basic understanding of Game Narrative & Design.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, pleasecheck out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.