Senior Special Project Manager, Communications
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager. Event Technology & Special Projects
The SIE Communications team is looking for an innovative thinker experienced in working with new technologies and project management to lead strategy and execution for virtual and in-person press meetings.
You will identify and implement new ways to approach press demos and have demonstrated you can quickly become adept in new technologies, tools, and industry best standards.
As SIE expands off console to new platforms like PC and live service, you also will play a central role in working with PlayStation Studios’ global development teams to determine the most optimal way to showcase and deliver PlayStation’s exclusive games to media and influencers.
The ideal candidate is a highly-collaborative, but at the same time, driven, self-starter with exceptional technical and event planning expertise that can problem solve and drive results in complex situations. A deep understanding of gaming across all mediums as well as a proven ability to innovate based on emerging trends in tech and digital entertainment.
- Be the lead technical advisor for the Global Comms team and PlayStation Studios around game code distribution, testing, optimizing and problem-solving with more complex technical platforms like PC and live service games.
- Collaborate with PlayStation Studios’ development teams to draft technical guidelines for press and influencers to preview and review upcoming exclusive game releases.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new ways to approach press demos. Stay on top of the latest trends through exploring new events, vendors, and technologies, creating a quarterly update for the PR leadership team.
- Build post-press meeting/demo debriefs, identifying improvements for future game releases.
- Produce and maintain a Global Comms PC Best Practices Review Guidelines playbook.
- Create press hands-on guidelines for PlayStation Studios upcoming live service games, working in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Continually evolve guidelines as PlayStation Studios’ live service roadmap progresses.
- Lead prioritization across multiple projects and deliverables for both in-person and digital gameplay experiences for press, ensuring local executions are aligned with Global Comms guidance.
- Be the main Global Comms liaison for in-house development studio meetings, evaluating, and managing where support is needed and ensuring PlayStation brand/product guidelines are met.
- Be the asset liaison for territories, marketing and third-party partners for press and developer meetings, creating standardized guidelines that ensure SIE’s security protocol is followed at all times.
- Support SIE ESG and Accessibility initiatives and meetings, as well as other Sony group events as needed, such as SPE, Ai or EV.
- Coordinate and manage contracts and asset submissions for Industry events including The Game Awards, Summer Game Fest and Gamescom Opening Night Live.
- Serve as project manager on priority Exclusive games to help the PR team stay on track in terms of key milestones and logistics, managing the PR calendar to keep track of all milestone deadlines.
- Identify and establish effective communication channels to be used by the Global Comms team in San Mateo, London and Tokyo for timely comms.
- Create presentation templates for PR Leadership team for Executive presentations as needed.
- Develop a standardized template for campaign post-mortems, working with marketing to schedule studio presentations 3 months post-launch and ensuring the teams are ready to present.
- The desired candidate will possess at least 12+ years of project management and event management experience.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new technologies, tools, and industry best standards, developing optimal strategies for both remote and in-person game demos based upon platform features.
- Proven track record of developing new innovative approaches to showcase gameplay experiences.
- Excels at collaborating with others across a large global organization to solve roadblocks and achieve results.
- Senior experience in building trusted partnerships across the business and with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to work solo and in team scenarios and can change tracts tracks quickly while keeping projects on deadline.
- Excels at sound thinking when navigating ambiguity with the ability to solve challenges; able to produce on deadline with an attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.