Senior Sound Designer
4 days ago
Id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Sound Designer to join our team in making AAA games. This position assumes a prominent position on the team, helps establish and optimize production pipelines, and contributes to the execution of the vision of the game in close collaboration with colleagues.
- Work closely with the Lead Audio, Creative Director and other members of the team to develop all types of audio assets.
- Create high quality sounds for numerous settings, different types of gameplay, visual effects and narrative events.
- Implement audio using tools and technology at hand in close collaboration with game play designers, effect artists and animators.
- Actively learn tools and technology and explore new features in collaboration with programmers.
- Drive the final mixes to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience through the game.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as audio designer
- In-depth understanding of Wwise (including complex mixing and routing.)
- Ability to make high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
- Skill at post production and mastering
- Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment and industry standard audio tools
- Strong sound design & technical skills
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications
- Ability to interface with internal and external development teams
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Able to manage large scale audio asset production
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with most musical genres
- Strong artistic and creative sense
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.