This job might no longer be available.
Lead Sound Designer
Austin, TX, United States
2 months ago
ApplyWould you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
A Lead Sound Designer is tasked with creating and integrating sound with a high complexity level and performing the duties of an “Audio Lead” on a small to mid-sized project. Self-directed quality assurance, scheduling, field recording, equipment maintenance, V.O. editing and library management are also common duties.
- This person will act as the audio lead for a game project
- Drive quality on audio features
- Interface regularly with the game team to enable quick feature iteration
- Create high-quality audio assets
- Integrate audio assets into various game engines, on multiple platforms
- Utilize multiple scripting tools to create nuanced game audio
- Edit and organize VO
- Provide recording services (field and studio)
- Create linear audio sound design (movies, scripted events, IGCs, etc.)
- Maintain studio equipment and libraries
- Can drive, design and execute audio features collaboratively across disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) focused on audio production
- At least two AAA game titles shipped as a sound designer
- Minimum of five years working professionally in a game development environment
- Solid understanding of audio signal flow and digital audio editing
- Solid understanding of the workings and practices of interactive audio
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to maintain high-quality work on a production timeline with minimum supervision
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
- Multiple AAA titles shipped in action or shooter genres
- Has worked with Nuendo, Reaper, or Sound Forge
- Programming or scripting background
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.