Senior Sound Designer (Star Wars)
10 days ago
Respawn Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars ™ Universe, with experience with memorable aural experiences and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your sound design reel!
What you'll do...
- Design unique and compelling sound assets for the game (including effects, ambience, foley, creatures)
- Implement audio assets directly into Unreal, creating an interactive top-notch audio experience for the player.
- Plan field recording trips and foley sessions. Look for opportunities to record unique sounds.
- Help manage outsourcing, giving feedback and communicating any necessary information to partners.
- Design cinematics in 7.1, either from scratch or working with external contractors.
- Follow the audio schedule, audio naming conventions, and workflow standards and establish new ones.
- Work with the sound design lead to help establish the audio vision.
- Give useful, applicable feedback on audio assets. Share expertise with the team.
- Help manage the Wwise project, optimizing memory and cpu usage.
- Work with departments outside of audio to ensure we are supporting the vision for the game.
- Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs. Help QA with best practices for testing audio. Test game on various platforms.
- You will not compose music in this role. Music editing and implementation may be required from time to time as part of the role.
Ideally, you will have…
- 5+ years' experience in a Sound Designer role for video games.
- Shipped at least one AAA title, working as part of an in-house audio team from start to finish.
- Strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills. Experience with field recording, foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing and editing.
- Experience implementing game audio using Wwise (required). Knowledge of Unreal and audio implementation using blueprints
- Mastery of audio software e.g. Reaper, Soundminer, iZotope RX.
- Passion for audio.
- Passion for games.