Senior Software Engineer
9 days ago
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement rendering algorithms that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Are you interested in working on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a small team of developers creating outstanding AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision. That is the world we at Unity want to create.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), the Spaceship Demo, and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more outstanding graphics coming in the near future!
This role will involve the research, design, and development of the systems and rendering innovations for our lighting technology. We specialize in solving the challenges around efficient light-transport optimized for many platforms.
The lighting team focuses on building and maintaining robust lighting solutions such as global illumination systems and their integration into the Editor. You will have a direct impact on how global illumination and ray-tracing are taken to the next level in Unity. This is a permanent position at Unity in which we hope for you to join our family of developers and grow into a key contributor.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of lighting solutions and light-transport systems for the Editor and Engine ecosystem
- Refactor legacy code into powerful and extensible APIs
- Ensure quality by investigating reported issues and writing automated tests around new or existing functionality
- Profile and optimize our solutions to ensure we deliver outstanding performance
- Champion engineering principles
What we're looking for
- Experience in professional software development with proficiency in data structures, algorithms, engineering principles and best practices
- Strong cross-platform, multi-threaded, C++ and C# programming skills
- Track record of designing robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
- Experience with testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills
You might also have
- Experience with the Unity Editor and ecosystem
- Experience with HLSL and low-level GPU APIs like D3D12, Vulkan and Cuda
- Used data oriented design to create high performance code
- Experience refactoring existing code allowing it to be more extensible
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows for native applications
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their inspirations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.