Senior Software Engineer
18 days ago
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
This role will be located onsite in our Austin, TX studio.
- Work with multiple game teams to define and create shared backend infrastructure and libraries to facilitate the needs of all teams
- Help further extend and own the games’ common tools framework
- Stay apprised of and evaluate new technologies and programming practices
- Identify and refactor problematic areas of codebase
- Use Git on a daily basis to manage source code
- Perform code review for fellow engineers
- Research and utilize third party APIs (Facebook, Teak, Adjust, etc)
- Mentor junior engineers and assist them with feature development and debugging
- Participate in on-site interviews with engineering candidates
- Help migrate existing on-premises applications to the cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience writing and debugging in a statically typed language like C#, C++ or Java
- Understanding of distributed systems, microservices architecture, and containerization technologies
- Experience working with MySQL or another RDBMS
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with modern version control systems like Git and Mercurial
- Strong communication skills
- Social / Mobile game development
- Experience migrating legacy on-premises applications to the cloud. (Amazon Web Services (AWS) etc)
- Experience working with AWS Database technologies such as RDS, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience working with AWS Service Technologies such as ECS, Fargate, Elastic Load Balancers, etc
- Microservice development (Node.js, Lambda, etc)
- Experience with containers/container management. (Docker, Vagrant, etc)
- Experience with creating and maintaining packages.
- Experience with build/CI systems like Jenkins
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience working from the command line and using common utilities (grep, tail, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, etc)
- Professional experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Hybrid office environment
Work Conditions: We have offices in multiple time zones; some positions may require occasional travel and weekend/evening hours.
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid Family Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual bonuses, matching 401k, and other benefits
- Game Room featuring current generation consoles, numerous game titles, and various table games.
- Fully Stocked Kitchen with Beverages and Snacks
- Open Office Concept with Ergonomic Seating and Standing Desks
- Summer Hours
- Hybrid Schedule (Currently 3 Days In / 2 Days Remote)
We don’t consider the above list “Culture” though. Culture at SciPlay is MUCH MORE than just that including, but not limited to:
- Culture League Dedicated to Employee Engagement and Fun
- Employee Resource Groups
- Mental Health Resources
- Career Roadmaps
- Annual Company Retreats
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Management Training
- Leadership Book Clubs
- Empathic Leadership
- Work Life Balance
Read More About Our Values Here:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SciPlay we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles we have! #beYOU
SciPlayers are humble. In the live environment of mobile game development, there’s no room for egos and the loudest voice doesn’t get their way here. We are diverse in our backgrounds and our experience, both professionally and personally, and we believe our differences are key to unlocking our super powers.
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.