This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager - Engineering
19 days ago
Our Codemasters studio based in Cheshire has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Manager, overseeing Engineering, to come and join the team that was responsible for last years critically acclaimed Dirt 5. Cheshire studio has a rich development history and has been a recognised hub of talent within the North-West for decades.
The team have been hard at work supporting Dirt 5 since its launch with plenty of additional content and as this starts coming to an end, we are already hard at work concepting the next AAA project.
You will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of software engineers while collaborating with other teams on the project. This role will not solely be focussed on managing however, and you will have plenty of opportunity to get involved with the day to day coding side of things. As a generalist programmer, you will be afforded a high degree of autonomy that will enable you to get involved with a wide range of specialisations such as CPU optimisation, memory management, IO and Network, amongst others, and help support your team accordingly.
Here's what we need you to do:
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the project
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project
- Identify risks involved with the development of the project and provide solutions to resolve complex problems
- Provide estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to meet them
It’s important to us that we promote personal development, whilst offering a substantial benefits package including:
- Annual performance reviews and bonus schemes
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 10 free games per year and new console allowance and much more!
We are currently working fully remote however when is is safe to return we can provide a newly refurbished studio that offers excellent facilities and it is a great place to work, with some of the industry’s most talented individuals working here, whilst maintaining a fun and productive environment.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch here at Codemasters and we welcome applications from all programming talent right across the board. We make a concerted effort to ensure everyone feels welcome and we would particularly welcome applications from women and people from under-represented demographics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.