Senior Software Engineer, Web
4 days ago
Are you passionate about building intuitive web experiences? Niantic is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to craft applications that connect millions of people around real-world activities.
We seek engineers with strong technical background, great execution, and self-starter mentality. The ideal candidate loves to jump into the unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and break down vague ideas into concrete tasks. You will collaborate with a diverse team of developers, product managers, and UX designers regularly.
- Build well-designed, reusable UI components that can be shared across Niantic’s web applications.
- Team up with UX designers and product managers to deliver polished user-facing features.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience working in a technology company.
- Familiar with server-side technologies, such as Java, Golang or Python.
- Built sophisticated single page web applications, especially mobile-friendly ones.
- Worked on websites that are cross-device and browser compatible.
- Familiar with GraphQL and Relay.
- You thrive in a fast-paced engineering environment and have an eye for detail.
- You have built web applications involving manipulation of geospatial, customer management, or analytics data.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.