Senior Software Engineer (VR, Enablement)
12 days ago
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times , Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
Supernatural is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help lead development and support of our growing suite of internal tools. These tools facilitate our teams’ workflows when creating and managing content for the Supernatural VR app. You’ll work on many different products for internal users and empower them to work faster, easier, and more creatively.
This is an ideal role for an experienced game developer or research engineer who finds joy in reducing their teammates’ burden through technological solutions, working closely with many small groups of specialized end users, and finding elegant, user-friendly solutions to novel and complex problems. Supernatural is not just groundbreaking, it’s changing people’s lives for the better, and the Enablement team helps our creatives and producers facilitate those changes.
This is also a key role in our organization. You’ll mentor and coach other engineers in engineering best-practices. You will apply your passion and love for innovation combined with your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to inspire the growth and development of our engineering discipline.
- Lead development and support of one or more internal workflow products
- Drive engineering standards and best-practices
- Develop and improve tools for our level designers, environment artists, mixed reality studio, gameplay prototypers, video editors, coaches, marketing team, and workout producers
- Provide technical support for our live internal applications
- Improve our release practices to enable rapid iteration and release of new features to the public
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including product managers, program managers, designers, QA, marketing and other roles
- Help plan and prioritize feature development and improvements
- Help ensure objectives are well-understood by other team members
- Conduct technical design reviews and code reviews
- Build strong relationships across the Engineering discipline
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers
- Foster a growth mindset, regularly seek out opportunities for improvement
- Lead with empathy and understanding, create a safe space to share ideas
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal or an equally robust game engine
- Experience developing and refining user interactions in 3D, interactive applications
- Experience working on client platforms (game consoles, mobile devices, etc)
- Experience working with CI/CD platforms and workflows like Jenkins or Bitrise
- Experience working with many different projects and codebases simultaneously
- Experience building out, analyzing, testing and validation of interactive applications
- Experience developing VR applications
- Experience developing non-game interactive 3D solutions, especially in the creative or productivity space
- Deep expertise in Unity and C#
- Expertise in mobile hardware and how to optimize for performance
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative tools, audio/video post-production workflows, 3D creative workflows, and/or basic music theory
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however, applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.