This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)
20 days ago
You no longer have to choose between independence of a start-up and stability of a corporation. We have it all. Together with the Sumo Group, we build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world's biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. You can do it with us! At PixelAnt Games you will work in a great atmosphere, with experts who trust you. They will give you the opportunity for growth, honest feedback and space for mistakes.
We’re still quite small, but growing smart. If you want to create the future of PixelAnt Games, now is a great time to join.
Please note that we are looking for candidates based in Poland for the following position.
As a Senior Software Engineer You Will:
- Collaborate with the design team to create, iterate and deliver gameplay mechanics
- Implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable and maintainable code across a wide variety of projects
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Mentor less experienced coders, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
We need you to have:
- Shipped at least 2 titles (AA/AAA)
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with Unreal Engine (UE5 is a big plus)
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills (min. 8 years of experience)
- Worked across a range of gameplay mechanics
- A desire to solve problems from the user-experience point of view
- Good understanding of AA/AAA game development pipeline and processes
- Openness to work in various areas of development and with various types of titles
- Very good English (at least B2)
You will also need to:
- Have prior console development experience
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving gameplay issues
Nice to have:
- Experience in implementing network gameplay in Unreal Engine
- Experience in UI programming
- Experience in gameplay programming
What We Offer:
PixelAnt Games aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below is a list of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team, which include:
· A values-driven culture with direct access to leadership
· Competitive salary - regularly benchmarked across the games industry
· Contract of Employment (preferred) or B2B contract
· Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
· 50% tax relief for creative work
· Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
· Employee Referral Bonus up to 10 000 PLN gross
· A Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow
· 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, GDC Vault and Gnomon platform
· Work with us in the Poland Wroclaw office, Kraków or Warsaw co-work office or remotely across Poland
· Flexible working hours (our core business hours are 9:30 – 14:00 CET)
· English group classes once a week in your work time and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
· Team-driven initiatives (team-building events, charity engagement)
· Development initiatives (Game Jams, mentor's support)
· The best working tools of your choosing - a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
· Home-office perks (ergonomic gaming chair or adjustable desk)
· Possibility to join Prism – Sumo's Employee Diversity Group
· An annual game pass of your choice
· Quality merch you're going to LOVE!
· Fruit, healthy snacks, muesli, yoghurts, coffee and tea are at your disposal around the studio
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.