Senior Software Engineer, UI - Unannounced Survival Game
22 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, UI - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop the underlying systems and foundational technologies that drive the UI engine. You'll be focused on optimizing code, ensuring consistency across our systems and APIs, expanding our testing capabilities and coverage, and finding opportunities to share code with other teams. A vital part of this effort will be collaborating with other UI engineers to find ways to make it easier and faster for them to write the code and script necessary to accomplish their tasks.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with
- Writing, optimizing, evaluating, refactoring, and testing foundational UI engine code.
- Finding ways to improve the productivity of other UI engineers by removing boilerplate code and eliminating time-consuming or error-prone engineering patterns.
- Ensuring new UI systems and features fit within the vision and established architecture of the UI engine.
- Maintaining and improving the stability and performance of the UI system.
- Championing Blizzard’s core values.
What you are good at
- Understanding the core concepts and unique challenges of UI development.
- Writing and debugging C++ code.
- Using profiling tools to find opportunities for performance or memory optimizations.
- Working with other engineers.
- Documenting and testing APIs
Extra awesome points for
- Experience working with multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Knowledge of ECS programming.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.