Senior Software Engineer, Tools
7 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Tools Engineer to author tools for an unannounced AAA project. A tools engineer at Blizzard embraces and fosters Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” through collaboration with art, design, engineering, sound, and production to create streamlined development tools and experiences for their team.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive game development to Blizzard quality. As a senior tools engineer, you will help define and contribute to the technical vision for the tools department that results in best-in-class gameplay, art, and audio experiences. When particularly hard problems arise, you'll collaborate with fellow members of the tools team and project leadership to define and implement a technical vision that meets the project's needs.
- Partner with design, art, engineering, and audio to implement new and improve existing tools that meet the project’s needs.
- Further the efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of the tools and technology developed by the team.
- Actively contribute to cross-team tools development, partnering with a central-service shared game engine team and platform team to define and execute on project requirements.
- Evaluate internal/external technology and tools with the goal of sourcing and integrating technology that meets project requirements and goals.
- Author documentation and communicate best practices and technical constraints of the engine and tools stack to team members.
- Partner with technical leadership and senior engineers across the organization to promote cross-team shared code initiatives and open/internal source contributions.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience on a AAA game project; shipped at least one AAA title.
- Proven experience shipping games on multiple platforms such as PC, console, and mobile.
- Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative.
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude.
- Extensive experience with video games, including action, FPS, and online titles.
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other development engines.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL) or Document stores (NoSQL).
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce.