Senior Software Engineer - Products
2 months ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - Products
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our massive franchises. We have launched well over 100 games, and our services connect multiple millions of players each day into epic entertainment experiences.
While Call of Duty continues to push us to build bigger and better systems year on year. We also have a strong history of supporting great franchises such as Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny, Diablo, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
Our success comes for our talented and passionate people. Our work environment is welcoming and collaborative, we deliver on time and at scale.
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Matchmaking team in Vancouver. We design, build, run, and evolve matchmaking services for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles.
Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible. This means you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games such as Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot as well as future unannounced projects.
Awesome, what will my “day-to-day” look like?
You will work with all of Activision’s game studios to innovate in the domain of matchmaking. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining software systems that match players from all over the world. You'll join a team striving to produce the best possible experience for our players. In addition to this, you will guide Activision wide changes to the multiplayer experience. These initiatives will involve our studio partners and other business units from around Activision.
What would you like to see in my background or interests?
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Expertise in Python coding, or skills in a similar language
- Experience developing reliable and scalable online services
- Experience with the operation and support of the services you develop
- Experience working with customers to gather requirements and define solutions
- Interest in working as a partner with game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences
- Experience providing technical mentorship to other team members
- Experience with at least one major database, preferably at very large scale
- An interest in open source and Linux environments
- Interest in solving various and complex problems
- Experience with open-source or proprietary game engines
- Experience building and maintaining large scale services (millions of concurrent users)
- Experience with API design, particularly Resource and RESTful APIs
- Experience working with public cloud providers and cloud technologies e.g. Amazon, GCP
- Experience working with container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
- Prior experience working with databases at very large scale, especially:
- Interest in travel to game studios to provide on-site design and integration support
- Experience with load testing and performance optimization best practices
- Experience with A/B testing and a data driven approach to service improvements
- Experience with Machine Learning
What's in it for me?
Relocation Support (if office based, we are open to remote workers), generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents. Working with really talented people across the Globe (Dublin, Vancouver, LA, Boulder and Shanghai) in an truly collaborative and supportive environment. To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Hit “apply” to send us your resume/CV and one of our recruiters will be in touch if there is a fit. Thanks for considering us!