Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, SDK
20 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value. As a Senior Software Engineer on the SDK team, you’ll help us build world class software delivery pipelines that power Game Studios (League, VALORANT, and more) at Riot Games.
The SDK team creates solutions that enable creators (internal & 3rd party game studios) to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. Together, we'll ensure that games like VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond will reach and delight players worldwide.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering of our SDK team.
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews
- Lead a process in defining technical outcomes, tools and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot's game developers
- Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support
- Work with game team's technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Expertise working with multi threaded systems implemented in C++14 or newer using safe features of the language
- Experience with API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with client/service application architecture, HTTP based web services at scale
- Familiarity with Rust, understanding of it’s ownership model and the FFI
- Experience in using game engines like Unreal, Unity, or Vivox
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms, along with experience in iOS or Android
- Passionate about effective code testing strategies
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.