Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Build
Los Angeles, California, United States
17 days ago
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Player Platform Build team, you'll automate and enhance how we create software for desktop, mobile, and console devices. This team owns Player Platform's build infrastructure and shared libraries to help CI/CD, responds to build pipeline issues, and coordinates with other teams at Riot provide stable build infrastructure.
Player Platform looks to support incredible player and developer experiences delivering :
- Player software on desktop and mobile devices.
- SDKs for game teams on desktop, mobile, and console.
- Command line tools for internal Riot uses.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Flight initiative within Player Platform.
- Partner with development teams to adopt best practices for CI/CD automation.
- Provide tier two support for development teams with their automation pipeline.
- Configure and deploy build farm infrastructure.
- Monitor health of the build farm.
- Establish connections with engineers on the team, providing them guidance, mentorship, and support.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems , architecture)
- Experience defining and delivering technical solutions to technical customers/users
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Groovy.
- Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience working with Mac build automation.
- Experience working with one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android, XBox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch.
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal Engine
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).