Senior Software Engineer (PC & Mobile)
7 days ago
We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, networking, tools and/or performance optimization, we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported. Come join us!
- Work closely with artists and designers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Strong programming and software architecture skills
- Experience working in C++ and/or C#
- Experience developing software with the Unreal and/or Unity Game Engines
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to apply software engineering practices to maintain code quality
- Demonstrated ability to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
Preference to Applicants with:
- Ability to develop apps or games for mobile platforms
- Developing SaaS
- Demonstrated experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks
- Experience optimizing software to meet performance goals
- Porting existing software to new platforms
- Experience developing and maintaining legacy software
- Previous experience developing tools for content creation
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Developing games is our passion and we bring over 20 years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Hearthstone Battlegrounds, Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.