Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Server Platform
21 days ago
EA Mobile is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build our live services-focused server platform. You will report to the Principal Technical Director.
- You will partner with developers, technical directors, and program managers to develop our new live services game platform.
- You are a pro at working with large-scale systems and are motivated by delivering high-quality software to your internal customers.
- Develop ultra fast, massively scalable, highly available game services supporting multiple games.
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating.
- Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
- Balance short and long-term technical objectives and own the strategy for your components of the platform.
- Mentor other developers, review their work, and make recommendations for improvement.
- A desire to create scalable game servers and services using modern tech for modern games.
- 5 years of experience with technical leadership.
Broad experience with some of the following:
- Frameworks (e.g. Node.js, Angular 10, Nebular)
- Cloud Technologies (e.g., AWS, GCP)
- Relational and Non-Relational Databases (e.g. Spanner, SQLite, MongoDB)
- Redis / Memcached data caching solutions
- Microservices architecture
- Test frameworks (e.g. Jest, JUnit, TestNG, Spring)
- Other languages (e.g. C#, Java, ObjectiveC)
Familiarity with any of the following:
- 3rd Party Game Engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- DevOps (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Hosted Graphite)
- Social APIs / 3rd Party SDK Integration
- Linux Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Groovy)
- Apache Beam