This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer ( Machine Learning Systems) AI@Unity
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
We are looking for an exceptional engineer to join Unity’s ML-Agents team within AI@Unity. The ML-Agents team is an applied research team focused on:
- Enabling Unity as a premier simulation platform for Artificial Intelligence research ranging from locomotion to language-guided visual navigation
- Enabling Unity developers to train agent behaviors using machine learning techniques such as deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning.
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog posts and arXiv papers [1, 2].
You will be working with a team of researchers and engineers to develop technologies for creating intelligent character behaviors within Unity environments. These technologies have the potential to transform how games are created, tested, evaluated and deployed, and the experiences they deliver to millions of players worldwide.
Note: We are hiring at all levels. Junior, senior and principal engineers are encouraged to apply.
- Contributing to the design of developer-facing APIs for transforming games into learning environments
- Contributing to the design, development and operation of a world-class large-scale distributed training platform
- Building internal tools that support machine learning experimentation
- Contributing to the design, development and support of the ml-agents GitHub project
- Experienced developer with solid skills in Python, C++, C# or Go
- Strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with building performant, robust, large scale data/distributed systems
- Experience in fostering a strong data-driven engineering culture in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
- Contributed to open source projects
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, or robotics
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.