Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Client Team
Los Angeles, California, United States
8 days ago
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the chance to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League Client Team, you’ll report to the team’s Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. You will make the League Client more performant, improve development workflow efficiency, and reduce application complexity. You'll build and monitor health metrics to be used to increase client stability and reliability.
The League of Legends client uses the Chromium Embedded Framework to render major components of the League experience like Champion Select, Player Profile and Collections, Queue Selection, and Lobbies. You can read more about the architecture here .
- Write and review code to make improvements to the League Client front-end
- Work with product owners, designers, and other engineers to create the best possible experiences for players
- Build outstanding system designs, to serve millions of players reliably
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software with C++
- Experience developing large-scale, modular desktop applications
- Experience building test automation
- Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
- Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
- Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).