This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Interactions and Gameplay
8 months ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! These rooms create compelling social experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are looking for a Senior Game Developer to work on our core game features and player experience. In this role, you will build delightful interactions and gameplay mechanics across multiple platforms (i..e mobile, console, AR, and VR).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Design, build, and maintain features of player input, gameplay, and interactions using C#
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience on a variety of platforms
- Drive large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, C++)
- 1+ years of experience shipping on multiplayer or social games (e.g., MMO)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
- Strong 3d math skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to have a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.