This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer II (Lead), QA Tools
12 months ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer II (Lead), QA Tools
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Lead Software Engineer to help us continue to shape Blizzard's SDET Program. The SDET Program is a cross-product and cross-team effort to improve how Blizzard applies software engineering to improve quality of player experiences and development processes.
The SDET Program includes multiple product-embedded SDET teams as well as a shared tools and services development team - QA Tools. In this role you will lead the QA Tools team's engineering efforts to provide advantages to other SDET and development teams by delivering high quality solutions to shared challenges so those teams can focus on product specifics. You'll engage with many product teams to identify and prioritize common challenges and partner on implementation projects to not only take those worries of other team's plate but to bring solutions to the next level. QA Tools already owns a portfolio of widely used technologies - is there a way to make it even better and have positive impact on players and developers across multiple teams? Are you excited to help Blizzard become better at creating most epic entertainment experiences ever?
To be an ideal candidate you will have prior experience building high performance teams and services, the right balance of engineering and soft skills, experience with web services and testing frameworks with a passion for building great tools for engineers to use. Additionally, you will have the instinct for growing engineers, and promote excellence across your team, coupled with the ability to partner with different types of people and teams successfully.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage a small team of engineers and own code quality of team deliverables
- Act as Product Owner for shared service and tools vision and maintain product roadmap
- Collaborate with Blizzard engineering teams to develop high quality solutions to common challenges and problems
- Partner with other leads to develop product pilots and shared service integrations
- Ensure continuous alignment of technical needs and priorities
- Primary owner of quality and operations of shared services and tools with 24/7 and .999 availability standards
- Partner with Program Management to ensure commitments and resources are balanced
- Share insights, solutions and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Create environment in which engineers grow their skills and do their best work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer with focus on tools and services
- Fluency in C# and related Microsoft tech stack
- Experience in team management and development of engineering talent
- Experience setting up collaborative workflows using knowledge bases and version control systems
- Experience gathering requirements, analyzing existing technical implementations, identifying priority problems and providing detailed solutions
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline solutions, automated testing, DevOps processes
- Experience working with large existing cross-platform code base
- Experience working with SCRUM and Agile
- Experience with web services, productivity and automation tools
- Passion for bringing clarity to complex topics
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.