Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Graphics Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and working with artists to bring the visual aspects of the game to life.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for artists
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a graphics engineer
- Advanced understanding of C / C++ and HLSL
- Experience working with game engines
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Experience developing for a wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!