This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - World of Warcraft
16 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - World of Warcraft
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the World of Warcraft Gameplay team and help shape the future of Azeroth. “Gameplay First” and “Commit to Quality” are core values of Blizzard Entertainment that we embody enthusiastically. We are seeking an engineer who embraces this philosophy through a passion for games and the craft of collaborative development.
Our team is tasked with solving some of the most challenging, rewarding, and technical problems facing our industry today. As a World of Warcraft engineer you will have the autonomy, responsibility, and tools to tackle these solutions head on, providing tangible, meaningful, and creatively fulfilling solutions to your development partners and millions of players around the world.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and artists to create epic gameplay experiences
- Improve workflows for development partners
- Maintain and enhance existing player experiences
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Proficiency in C++
- 3 years professional programming experience
- Data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Real passion for video games
- Experience as an engineer in the games industry
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Prior development working with client / server game systems
- Knowledge of Lua
- Working knowledge of World of Warcraft and / or other MMORPGs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.