Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Shared Game Engine
8 months ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Shared Game Engine
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build out gameplay in several areas for the shared game engine.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to develop a broad array of gameplay systems
- Understand content creator needs through direct collaboration
- Design systems with rapid iteration and scalability as core values
- Write clean, maintainable and performant C++ code
- Build positive relationships with gameplay teams across Blizzard
- Mentor other engineers in coding and gameplay system development
Areas where you can make a difference
- AI and Navigation/Pathfinding
- Networking and game object replication
- Scripting engine development
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Experience collaborating with content creators (designers, animators, artists)
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, navigation/pathfinding, animation, gameplay scripting or online networking
- Experience working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience designing gameplay systems for different game genres
- Demonstrable expertise with performance optimization
- Experience with first- or third-person combat systems
- Familiarity with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Team Name:Unannounced Project