Senior Software Engineer, Engine Systems
7 months ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Engine Systems
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Engine Systems Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and engine development across multiple platforms.
The Overwatch Engine team is responsible for many systems, examples include:
- Low-level systems across multiple PC and Console platforms.
- Kernel abstractions
- I/O for resource loading and streaming
- High performance memory-management and tracking
- CPU & GPU performance tools
- Job-systems and threading abstractions
- Scene management
- Scene organization and culling
- Data Storage
- Build and data organization, archiving and delivery
As a systems engineer you would be expected to contribute to, or own, one or more of these areas.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience on at least one shipped title
- C++ and object-oriented design skills
- Experience working with game engines or real-time kernels
- Good understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
Please note: If you feel you don’t meet all requirements but are equipped with most, we still encourage you to apply. We welcome the opportunity to open a dialog to be considered.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with rendering, shader development, and graphics hardware and API's
- Knowledge of animation, camera control, and lighting
- Interest in workflow automation