This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, ECommerce - Online Shop
5 months ago
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Shop team is part of the Battle.net & Online Products organization and is responsible for Blizzard Entertainment’s digital shop web site and the tooling that powers it. Our sites handle millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises.
- Play a key role in architecture and development of new e-commerce features around showcasing products, purchasing, gifting, wishlist, subscriptions, key claim, and the tools that power product catalog configuration
- Take the initiative in implementing best practices in a full-stack environment with a focus on front-end and scalable code
- Collaborate with and guide fellow engineers in feature development and technical improvements
- Be the key tech contact throughout a project’s lifecycle, providing reliable feedback to stakeholders, design, project management, and QA analysts to keep projects focused and of high quality
- Minimum 6 years of professional web software engineering experience, with experience on both client and server-side
- Experience developing rich, reactive user interfaces for the web
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser support and debugging, beyond polyfills and third-party libraries
- Deep knowledge of web development best practices around performance, security, and code maintainability
- Comfort and experience working within MVC architecture
- Experience writing comprehensive unit tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing in the Angular framework or similar (React, Vue.js, etc.)
- Experience developing in Java or another server-side object-oriented programming language
- Experience with the Spring framework in Java or similar
- Experience developing applications to scale for a global user base
- Familiarity with key components of web server architecture (Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience working with moderate to large teams effectively