Senior Software Engineer, Desktop Team
13 days ago
Unity develops awesome tools for real time 3D content creators.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer for the Plastic SCM Desktop team, inside the Unity Teams Tools and Services group. You will join a team passionate about creating the next-generation user experiences for version control, review, diff? and merge for real-time 3D.
This means crafting outstanding tools for the wide variety of roles involved in creating 3D content that ranges from programmers, artists and producers in games, to film makers, engineers, architects and beyond.
You will contribute to GUIs, command line, merge, diff and review tools of Plastic SCM and this includes awesome challenges across all the major operating systems. You’ll be designing the future of version control with an incredible impact on how developers like you work. We believe there are fewer things more exciting than this!
What you'll be doing
- Create highly responsive, appealingly crafted and user friendly desktop software for macOS, Windows and Linux – this means dealing with WPF, Cocoa, GTK, and the newer trends like Avalonia and all things .NET 6 desktop
- Operate within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues in different locations
- Work very closely with UX designers, product managers and with backend developers to design good APIs
- Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers
What we're looking for
- Proven programming skills
- Professional experience creating desktop applications, preferably in C#, but any other stack is welcome
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full development life cycle
- Experience mentoring engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
- A passion for great looking UI
You might also have
- A great curiosity for other desktop technologies like Electron and Blazor
- Confirmed version control experience (Git, Plastic SCM, Perforce)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.