This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, DOTS
14 days ago
As part of the Spotlight team you'll work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, optimise existing features and help our partners make their game truly shine.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to multiple game projects and help teams succeed without being tied to its usual 2-3 year development cycle.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with our partnered game studios to help them succeed with their games by understanding their needs and writing code for Unity or straight into their projects
- Implement and improve features in the Unity Engine and its packages
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
What we’re looking for
- Experienced game developer or game engine programmer
- Capable and current programming skills with C# or C++
- Performance minded development and optimisation skills
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
- Willingness to work with others, meet people and build good relationships across companies and teams
You might also have
- Good knowledge of rendering pipelines and shaders
- Experience with networking and multiplayer
- Used data oriented design to build high performance code
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.