This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer , Cloud (Open to Remote)
9 months ago
Team Name:IT - Infrastructure Engineering
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer , Cloud (Open to Remote)
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, Blizzard Cloud is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our cloud platform. You are a highly motivated individual that loves to build and take end to end ownership of great products. The products your team builds and owns enable cloud customer visibility, operational insight and capacity management. The team also owns products which helped Blizzard scale and grow its beloved franchises over the last two decades - these require modernization and streamlining. If you are excited about building modern, robust platforms and services, then let’s talk now!
- Participate and contribute in design and decision making for technical solutions
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers on the team
- Write testable, scalable, and easily maintainable code
- Build APIs to help control and automate the cloud
- Run the software components supporting the infrastructure holding up our games
- Maintaining our products through operations and on-call support
- 5+ years of experience in building and designing concurrent applications in Go
- Competency with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Ability to write clean and effective documentation
- Experience with popular Go web stacks (E.g., Gorilla Mux, gRPC, Vue or Angular)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (E.g., Jenkins, Git)
- Experience with orchestration pipelines (E.g., Docker, Terraform)
- Experience with observability (E.g., logging, metrics, tracing)
- Experience working with C++, Python
- Experience with cloud computing (Openstack, AWS, GCP) as customer or provider
- Experience with Hashistack (Vault, Consul, Nomad).
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for games and online gaming platforms
*Irvine/Southern California is preferred but remote may be considered*
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.