Senior Software Engineer, Client Optimization - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
19 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Client Optimization - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the team working on our newly announced mobile game. We are looking for someone who is excited to focus on game client performance, optimization, and automated performance testing.
You will be primarily responsible for identifying game client performance issues and implementing improvements while coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, and other engineers. You will help identify potential performance issues early in the design and development of new features. Everyone on our team helps to influence the game direction, and you should have a passion for quality, player experience, and an efficient game client.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to ensure a robust and reliable game experience on a wide range of mobile devices
- Plan and implement large features, systems, or projects with minimal direction from the lead engineer
- Identify and implement improvements for client performance for mobile devices
- Review feature and content designs to identify potential issues early
- Contribute to an on-device automated performance testing framework and increase performance test coverage
- Monitor mobile game client performance trends over time and share notable findings
- Provide support to team members of all disciplines and facilitate daily success for the entire team
- Help find areas of development that can be streamlined or improved through the application of best practices
- Strong, proven programming skills in at least one language
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience
- Experience conducting client performance analysis and optimization
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience developing for iOS and/or Android and their available profiling tools
- Experience with real time 3D rendering
- Familiarity with game content pipelines and tools