Senior Software Engineer - BackEnd Tech
17 days ago
Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based server infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer with a passion for working with scalable, distributed systems and frontend frameworks to join our back-end technology team.
You will be working with a team of skilled software engineers, closely collaborating with client-side shared technology teams to shape the future technology platform behind the games our players enjoy!
- 4+ years industry experience in a software development role
- Strong software engineering experience and proficiency, with emphasis on:
- Design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- Experience with serverless / cloud functions
- Experience with frontend technologies (Angular)
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience in live operations
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL (specifically mongoDB) databases
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
All of these skills are of benefit for this role, but they aren’t absolutely necessary. If you have the strong foundational skills above, we can help you learn and build experience with technologies that are new to you.
- Experience of running Node.js applications in a production environment.
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages
- Usage of Docker and containers
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.