This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Android), Battle.net Applications Mobile Team
1 year ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer (Android), Battle.net Applications Mobile Team
Are you passionate about Android development? Would connecting millions of the world’s most passionate gamers together fill you with pride? Would you like to provide content, news, support features, and the social gateway to a vibrant and thriving online gaming community?
If your brain is screaming “yes!!” to these questions, then the Batttle.net and Online Products Applications group is calling for you to join our Mobile Applications team.
Our Mobile team develops Blizzard quality mobile applications for both iOS and Android devices. The primary mission of our Batttle.net and Online Products Mobile team is to allow players to enjoy the Blizzard community wherever they may be, at home, at work, or on the go. We develop the Battle.net Authenticator, Battle.net mobile app and an Authentication SDK used in many of our mobile apps and games. Our flagship applications, the Battle.net mobile app, provides a place where millions of players worldwide connect with Blizzard, their friends, and fellow gamers.
As one of our Senior Software Engineers, you must be able to work both independently and with team members across engineering, program management and design. Enthusiasm and a drive for crafting epic mobile experiences is a must. If the idea of reaching millions of players across the globe and connecting them to the games they love appeals to your inner geek, then our team may just be the place for you.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our web content or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Mastery of Java and/or Kotlin development with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Experience with Android SDK and UI frameworks, including building custom UI components
- Familiarity with modern Android architecture patterns (MVVM, MVP, MVVC, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Passion for Mobile app development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as HTTP or XMPP
- Experience with functional programming (RxJava, RxKotlin, Reactor, etc.)
- Experience working with 3rd party libraries (Android Jetpack, OkHttp, Protobuf, etc.)
- Experience shipping and maintaining mobile applications that support a global user base
- Willingness to champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- Agile development experience
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.