Senior Software Development Engineer in Test II, Diablo IV (SDET)
1 day ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Software Development Engineer in Test II, Diablo IV (SDET)
The Diablo IV team is working on the next installment of the Diablo franchise. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test II (SDET) to help us ensure the player experience is an epic one. On the Diablo IV team, the road to hell is paved with incredible software. Are you ready to contribute to one of Blizzard’s flagship properties?
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games and systems is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating test automation, test frameworks and testing tools? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office.
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution.
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners, and influence software quality.
- Mentor engineers and analysts to provide technical guidance to individuals and teams.
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Blizzard.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- Strong, proven programming skills C++, C#, or another object-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET, software engineer or similar role with focus on quality
- Expert with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Fluency in test frameworks such as xUnit
- Experience in team collaboration and development of engineering talent
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Experience with performance and stress testing
- Experience with CICD pipeline solutions
- Experience working with large C++ and C# code bases
- Experience with automation in the gaming space
- Experience working with Scrum and Agile
- Experience with console tools for platforms such as PlayStation and Xbox
- Understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Experience with TestRail and JIRA
- Ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Passion for video games
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.