Senior Software Development Consultant, HDRP
4 days ago
Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for graphics developers that want to acquire cutting-edge expertise in high-end graphics technologies and tools in order to help our customers achieve their visual and performance targets. Our customer base spans a wide range of exciting fields, such as video games, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and are not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include working with graphics R&D teams across Unity in order to support key customer projects built on top of Unity’s high-end rendering technologies and tools, such as HDRP (Unity’s high-end render pipeline), the Visual Effect Graph, and the DOTS Hybrid Renderer. You’ll visit our customers and, by collaborating directly with their technical leaders, help them optimize their projects and workflows and educate them on best practices.
Effectively, your role will be based on the following three pillars: helping customers improve their products so that they become the best they can be, being the voice of our customers inside Unity in order to steer our product in the right direction, and keeping up to date on high-end graphics technologies and tools and sharing your knowledge both inside and outside of Unity.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert on high-end rendering technologies within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including self-directed research initiatives, speaking at conferences, writing blog posts, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
This role is based in our offices in Paris, France, where you’ll actually be embedded with the HDRP and Visual Effect Graph teams, and will involve periodic travel to customer and Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel is usually conducted during week days and won’t exceed 50% of the time.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Become an expert on Unity rendering technologies around HDRP and address the most challenging issues in this area across all customer engagements
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Provide internal and external technical presentations to nurture user expertise on Unity’s high-end rendering technologies
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Occasionally become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Strong motivation to build expertise in HDRP and high-end rendering technologies; experience with shaders, low level graphics APIs, and high-level rendering techniques
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience working and communicating with Technical Artists
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.