Senior Software Developer, Consumer Research Labs (Smart Asset)
14 days ago
Unity Consumer Labs group is composed of passionate developers in search of innovative methods to author content and help our users build rich game experiences. We are building new technologies which allow our users to create new experiences at the speed of thought and with very little technical skill required. Our team is looking for people who understand the challenges in building 3D content and want to build innovative tools which enable creators of all backgrounds to easily create within Unity and Unity apps.
You will be working closely with our design and engineering team to define and develop these new tools and technologies. These will be rapidly iterated upon and integrated into live Unity games and refine our approaches based on user feedback. Your ideas will help shape the future of how users create new content for years to come.
What you’ll be doing
- Be a part of the way we redefine how 3D content is authored for all Unity creators!
- Design, implement and integrate novel tools and workflows for Unity runtime and Editor environments
- Work closely with our cross-discipline team, and external teams to integrate these tools into live games
- Build extensible, open ended tooling and APIs which allows creators to customize our technology to their needs
- Transform research and bold ideas into usable tools
What we’re looking for
- Experience building shipped software and/or tools using Unity
- Proficiency in C# and the Unity Editor
- Values the strengths of collaboration and is always eager to share and receive feedback
- Can navigate and self-organize their work in a fast-paced and adaptive environment
You might also have
- Experience developing game tools for modern mobile, AR and/or VR devices
- A good grounding in the principles of customer/user experience design
- Passion for future technologies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.